UI student Richard Gbadebo dies in factory accident at WAW factory on Monday.
In a dramatic turns of event, life suddenly gave way for grief in house hold of Mr and Mrs Gbadebo as their 20-year-old son who was also student of the University of Ibadan (UI) identified as Richard Gbadebo,died after falling into a soap-making machine on Monday at a factory owned by Henkel Nigeria Limited, makers of WAW detergent and bar soap.
According to multiple reports gathered, Richards, who was a 300 Level student of European Studies at UI, was on a holiday job at the factory located in Oluyole, Ibadan, due to the closure of schools caused by COVID-19.
The Association of Faculty of Arts Students, UI, announced his death in a statement saying, “It is completely disheartening to announce the death of Mr Gbadebo Richard, a 300 level student of the Department of European Studies, Faculty of Arts, University of Ibadan.
“Your fervor to become greater in life was cut short by your sudden death. Team Evolution uses this medium to sympathise with the family of our late AFASITE who was active, effective, and diligent in studies. We pray that God be with the family and wipe out similar occurrences.”
The deceased, who was an operator at Henkel Global Industries Ltd, was on the night shift when he unknowingly slipped into the machine that took his life.